Author Topic: Wednesday, October 29  (Read 1738 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, October 29
« on: October 29, 2014, 06:35:06 AM »
Good morning!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Cheryl

Re: Wednesday, October 29
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 06:49:26 AM »
I've had my coffee and a little computer time, now I'm just sitting here enjoying the sound of the rain.  I love rainy days.   :)

Today after I get Emily started with her school work I plan on making some relish with those green tomatoes I picked yesterday.  I also picked the last of our peppers, both bell pepper and jalapenos.  I already have plenty in the freezer and canned, but I hate to waste food.  I'm thinking of dehydrating these.

The rain is really coming down now.  It's supposed to turn cold this weekend.  Not sure if I'm looking forward to that or not. :-\ 

Supper tonight is beef stew made in the slow cooker.  I need to get that started soon.  Hope you all have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 06:57:16 AM »
Cheryl thanks for starting the daily!  I didn't want to mess up the date! Ha

Offline Cathie

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 07:02:53 AM »
good morning ladies ~

I update a little incident in financial  thread - I don't want it so everyone can see it  ;)

Today I am still recovering from jet leg and a work day yesterday  ;) I am thinking I will stay home today until swim time.  I may need to swing to cvs but I think I will just get by with what we have a skip it  ;)

It's cold here today and that is not helping the I want to sleep thing  ;)

I am hoping to get something off my to do list and get some laundry and cleaning done.

Dinner tonight is leftovers - so yay  ;)

Have a blessed day everyone  :-*

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 07:10:46 AM »
Today is more of house day but that isn't as much time as I need in here.  I will help with calf chores and I need help moving my hay tractor to next field.  I am making spaghetti, taco salad, snicker Apple salad and a dessert.  I will clean some celery and put peanut butter and some with cream cheese ranch.  Maybe some deviled eggs.  Everything depends on my time.  I really didn't want to do this till after we sold calves. But I will have it done.  I browned the hamburger last night and picked up some groceries when I got Allison from practice.  Nothing exciting here.  Cold. 18 when we checked this morning.  It has been cold around 40-50 during day mainly because it was windy. 

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline fishermanwife

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 07:31:26 AM »
Good morning everyone. Not much going on today, need to run to the store then come home and clean and cook before I go to work tonight. Fighting a cold, praying it goes away soon. Not much going on just been taking time to reflect on the important things in life and love on my children. We went to the lake trick or treating on Saturday and saw a young adult get hit by a car luckily she only has a broken foot and a few head stitches and then a few days later in my home town a 2 teachers died in a car wreck on the way to school. The news doesn't always seem like reality til you see it in person or it happens where you lived on a street you drove on many times. Have been praying for their families and students alot. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
Norma in Southeast Oklahoma. Wife to Steven, mommy to Abby 16, Keagan 14, Trenten 10, Ollie 7.

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 01:21:48 PM »
Good morning!

Again, I haven't been posting much because I haven't been on my computer but I have been reading!

Today's an exciting day.  I have a glass company coming to replace 4 windows.  We have double paned windows.  Three have one of the panes broken and one is broken all the way through.  One of the one-pane-broken windows has been broken for over a year!  We have finally saved enough money for replacements.  Good thing too because the temperatures have really dropped and the basement is COLD.  The broken-all-the-way-through window is in the basement.  I have avoided turning on the heat so we're not losing heat through the broken windows.  Luckily October hasn't been too cold but that will be over soon!

Also on the house-improvement front, on Monday we got our garage door replaced.  I don't know how it happened but the top left corner broke.  The whole panel came apart at the corner.  So we can't open and close unless someone is inside the garage holding the  broken corner together so the pieces don't hit the tracks.  The man who replaced the garage door said it was at the end of its useful life so it was time for a replacement.  It was uninsulated and wood and looking really beat up.  The new door is steel and insulated. 

Today I have the twins coming, then after I drop off the three boys at school (twins and my own boy), I have another girl coming for the afternoon.  So I will just be doing this and that around the house.  I have laundry to finish (is laundry ever finished?) and I'd like to straighten the garage.  For the few weeks that we couldn't park in there we just threw things in there so it needs to be cleaned up and organized.  Also this weekend I'm going to do the final lawn mowing then move the lawnmower and all other warm weather stuff to the shed so we can park the other car in the garage.  It is a two car garage but there's not enough room for both cars plus the warm weather stuff like lawnmower, bikes, camp chairs, etc.  So during warm weather, Steven parks his car outside.  But during cold weather he parks inside so he doesn't have to defrost his windshield. 

I need to check and pay bills, balance the checkbook and work on my church lesson for Sunday.  It's my turn to teach the Relief Society (the LDS church's organization for women age 18 and older) class.

Well, I got pulled away and am just now getting back.  The windows are done!

Hope you all have a great day.

Merilee

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 01:38:47 PM »
The guy is showing up here in a little while to fix my big washer (the part for it came in this week).  Keep your fingers crossed for me that he can fix it today.  The other washer I have been using the last several weeks is half the size.  I have been swimmin' in dirty clothes!! :P  Need this fixed yesterday!! ;)

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »
The guy is showing up here in a little while to fix my big washer (the part for it came in this week).  Keep your fingers crossed for me that he can fix it today.  The other washer I have been using the last several weeks is half the size.  I have been swimmin' in dirty clothes!! :P  Need this fixed yesterday!! ;)

You guys must have uncrossed your fingers.  He just called to reschedule for tomorrow. Booooo!!! :P

Offline wrancher

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2014, 08:25:11 PM »
Lindsay hang in there! Been there done that. I think things happen like this to us to REALLY appreciate what we have.  I still haven't gotten my 2 washers and dryers hooked up as I haven't had time to get things properly installed the way I want. It's amazing how those things can throw us for a loop. I don't know how you do with everything. Homeschool, babies, etc.  hopefully it is smooth sailing tomorrow

Offline Rooney

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2014, 06:34:40 PM »
Lindsay hang in there! Been there done that. I think things happen like this to us to REALLY appreciate what we have.  I still haven't gotten my 2 washers and dryers hooked up as I haven't had time to get things properly installed the way I want. It's amazing how those things can throw us for a loop. I don't know how you do with everything. Homeschool, babies, etc.  hopefully it is smooth sailing tomorrow

Thanks, Janice.  They were supposed to show up to fix it between 12 and 5 yesterday.  Called to cancel around 5, then showed up in our driveway around 7? ???  So it is fixed and I am back in business......at least until the other one breaks.  Oh, no, did I say that outloud!?  It is bound to happen now. ;) ;D
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 06:36:25 PM by Rooney »