Author Topic: Friday, October 31, 2014  (Read 1347 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, October 31, 2014
« on: October 31, 2014, 07:09:33 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Friday, October 31, 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 07:18:16 AM »
Happy Halloween. Probably my least favorite holiday.  We will take kids in around 5:30 and meet up with friends at least the parents can all be together in one vehicle makes it a lot more fun. Another busy day on the ranch.  Moving more cows and possibly preg check some cows.  I hope to get moved to another spot for hay hauling.  Feeding calves first then move cows.  I need to get crockpot ready with something. 

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 08:03:12 AM »
Morning Janice, and all who follow!

It's Halloween, and that (to me) means than fall is really here!  We don't get any trick-or-treaters up here on the mountain, but of course we had to buy candy just in case ;).  Jean left for the city early so he can come home early.  We've been DVR'ing Halloween cartoon movies (ParaNorman, Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride, and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown) all week, and I plan to make a big pot of ramen soup and have a movie marathon.

I've been through the wringer at the chiropractor this week, and my leg is killing me today!  There's a pain just to the left of my tailbone which leads to an extreme tightness in my left hamstring (all connected).  He's working on breaking up those muscles and then healing them properly, and man does it HURT!  It's like having a charlie horse in my left hamstring all the time, except no pressure or change of position makes the pain subside.  Fun times :).  I know it's all for the best in the long run, but I may just enjoy a little couch-and-heating-pad time today!

Other than heating and icing, I have one load of laundry, bathrooms, and I'd like to take the The Grimmers on a short walk if I'm up for it (it actually feels better to stand and walk sometimes).  I've made the bed and cleaned the floors already.

Dinner tonight is ramen soup with whatever we have (so far it's black beans, soft-boiled eggs, spinach, and broccoli).

Have a wonderful day!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 08:37:48 AM »
Good morning and Happy Halloween!

Today is going to be a very nice, relaxing day.  Yesterday was end of term for our schools so no school today.  Alex had his Halloween parade and kindergarten class party yesterday.  That was fun.  Tonight we're going to a friend's Halloween party.  The teens and dads will stay at the host family's house to watch movies and pass out candy while the moms and younger children go trick or treating.  Afterward we'll have hot chocolate and pumpkin pie.  Tonight's temperatures will be in the 60s.  I will bring the stroller for Nathan in case he gets tired and jackets but with clothes on under the costumes, and walking, the boys should be OK.

I'm making a list of things that need to be done over the weekend.  All the usual homemaking stuff, plus some others.  There are a few must-dos but otherwise we'll do them as we do them.  I won't stress about getting the whole list done today.

Nathan has been climbing out of the crib so last night we took one of the sides off and added the rail that converts it to a daybed.  The boys' room really needs some attention so that's one area I will focus on today.  It's funny because often I walk in there and it's an absolute mess but once all the clothes are cleaned up, that takes care of 90% of the disaster.  I'd also like to finish cleaning/organizing the office so I can organize my sewing area for Christmas gift making.

The party is at 5:30 and we have to leave by 5 to get over there (traffic! rush hour! Friday night! Halloween!) so we'll eat an early dinner of chili in bread bowls and fruit.  The chili recipe is the one Steven's parents used for Halloween when he was growing up.  They'd make a huge pot of chili and homemade donuts and set up in the garage, and have a big party.  So chili in bread bowls is one of our Halloween traditions. 

Hope you all have a great day and a fun evening!

Merilee

Offline auntotiti

• Charlotte Cait
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 10:33:59 AM »
Good morning,
Mandy - So feel your pain!  Knowing the chiro hurts but knowing the end result so worth it.
Slept in today, needed it.  Nolan spent the night Wed and I don't sleep as sound when the grands are over, so make up sleep the next night.
We were supposed to have rain starting last night and as I lookout I see not a drop...we desperately need it.
Don't suppose we will have to many trick or treaters esp if it rains...but I will want to get rid of this candy.
General cleaning run to post office.
Dinner is leftovers.
Wishing you all a blessed day.
Married to mybest friend Mike 38 yrs
Sons Josh and Phil
Two beautiful sweet daughters in love
Three adored grands
Malyna, Nolan, Charlotte

Offline Rooney

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 12:19:38 PM »
Afternoon all. :)

Brrrrrr!  It is so cold out and the wind is really gettin' with it.  So cold that we are having to use the woodburner in the greenhouse during the day (first time this year).  I like fall, but this is just about like winter! :P

Nothing much planned for the rest of the day.  Kids are watching Curious George BooFest (or something like that).  They are lining out watching Monster House next and then want me to find something on Prime for them. (good luck to me with that). LOL  So we are having a little spooky cartoon marathon too, I guess.  Our tradition for the last 5 or 6 years is we have always had a Scooby Doo Marathon and I had planned to make "Scooby Snacks" because I found a cool recipe where you shape the cookies into big dog bones, but.............the Scooby seasons "mysteriously" disappeared. :P 

I am finally about caught back up with laundry, so that feels good.  Need to clean all bathrooms today sometime and give the kitchen a once over.  That's about it. :) 

Oh, I did get to eat my very first salad last night that was grown with no dirt, only by the fish.  It was so much better tasting than the lettuce grown in the dirt.  I actually wasn't expecting it to be.  For some reason, I was expecting it to taste "fishy".  Good surprise. :)

Mandy, hope that pain subsides pretty soon.  I have tailbone pain most of the time to some degree (I broke my tailbone when I was about 10 turning a flip onto a couch where the metal frame was between the couch cushions)  They don't make a cast for that. ;) LOL  It really hurts when that pain radiates down to your feet, doesn't it? :P  Take it easy and enjoy those cartoon movies!

Have a nice rest of the day girls.
Lindsay

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 01:48:00 PM »
Good afternoon!

Having some coffee and just finished my Bible study homework.  It is cool here today, amazingly.  That is NOT a complaint, however.  :P  Max made it out the door without his jacket, though, and I didn't go back for it figuring it would be warm this afternoon again as it has the past few days.  And it's only 59.  Oops.  The good thing about being a mom to a bigger family is that people excuse you from such lapses, assuming your mind is shot (they might be right, lol).

Had my annual eye exam this morning. And I need bifocals, boo-hoo.  He said I might be able to make it one more year without but it would sure be easier for reading with them.  And I love to read.  Been having trouble with labels and other small print lately.  I at least ordered the no-line kind.  While I was at it, I got gray frames, figuring they'd match my gray hair better than the brown I have now.

Kids have Fall Fest at church tonight.  I am thinking of sending them with Earl and staying home tonight.  I took them last night to Max's school one since Earl had class, so am thinking I am due for the evening off.  :P  I don't care for crowds and noise.

Well, better head out to pick up Maxki Pie from school.  We need to run to TSC for pet food.  The cats have grown accustomed to their wet food and will notify me if it is not provided.  Some days it's hard being staff for a cat.  :D

Mandy, hope your pain subsides and you got that heating pad time in today. 

Catherine

Offline Cathie

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 01:50:08 PM »
Good afternoon ladies ~

I don't feel like I got a lot done today but that is the life right now  ;)

I have pizza ready to go for dinner and I am hoping to get the kitchen tidied up before I take Sammie treat or treating with her friends.

I am going to start a Thankful journal tomorrow - I am in need of a change of heart

Wishing you all a great night and awesome weekend.

Many hope your back and leg feels better  :-*

Offline Cathie

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 01:52:05 PM »
Max will survive  ;) I only have 3 and the teenager left with shorts on this morning -- I am "it's 39F outside! - he says "I know"  :o :o :o :o kids!!