Author Topic: Saturday, November 1, 2014  (Read 1576 times)

Offline gaggleofseven

Saturday, November 1, 2014
« on: November 01, 2014, 10:06:39 AM »
Good morning, friends. My washer and dryer are going to get a work-out today! The sun is shining--it's just a beautiful day.

I've paid some bills, cleaned the kitchen, and put chicken in the crockpot to make chicken vegetable soup for dinner.

Not much else on the schedule--watch college football, keep the laundry moving, and do some reading.

Have a wonderful day!
Jennie
Jennie
There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy!

Offline sbdriver

Re: Saturday, November 1, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 10:21:55 AM »
No sun here Jennie and we're supposed to get snow. It's cold, feels like snow and the sky looks like it's coming.

Those crockpots are great aren't they? Sure makes the day easier and still have a nice hot supper waiting.

I have to have my shower, do a small bit of dishes and hopefully nothing else comes up for me to do. I was off yesterday so tried to get all my chores done then. Here's hoping lol

Have a great day!!
Laurie
Many hands make light work

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 10:57:44 AM »
Good afternoon!

Chilly, rainy day around here.  I got a short walk in with Grimm this morning just as it was starting to sprinkle (in between sprinklings?), so we're just hanging inside. After getting Jean fed, his lunch made, and off to work, I made the bed, paid some bills, and emptied/reloaded the dishwasher.  I still have that load of laundry I could do, but most everything else is in good shape.  I said that I would go to a girlfriend's house tonight for a kids' read through of a play.  It will be fun, but it's the kind of day that I just want to spend on the couch knitting :).

Dinner tonight will be leftovers for Jean, and out for me.

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Cathie

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 11:02:58 AM »
Good afternoon ladies ~

It's a cold wet day here and I am so sleepy  ::) jet leg is no fun.

I took Sammie to Canada for swim, she swims from 7:00am - 9:00am so we leave the house at 6am for our drive.  I seriously would just love a nap  ;)

Working on cleaning chores today.  I have started in my bedroom, came back down to the kitchen (the bed was too tempting  ;) ), doing some laundry and getting my house tidied up.  My cousins are coming tomorrow to do family photos so I need to figure out something easy for lunch for 7.  I have some leftovers and may just pull those out of the freezer and call it a day.

I am starting my grateful journal today.

Wishing you all a blessed day  :-*

Mandy ~ I could stay in all day too  ;) I'll drink tea and you can knit for me  ;) ;D

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 01:26:19 PM »
Good afternoon!

I am the flagger as we are moving cows closer to home to sell calves Tuesday. I will be soooo glad when that day is over!!! By the end of day wee will have 3 groups moved. 1 more tomorrow. I also was doing some deeper house cleaning. 1 more bathroom to go I want

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 01:35:05 PM »
Good afternoon!

It's a cold one around here, but at least we didn't have snow.

I'm spending my Saturday canning green tomato relish.  When I'm done with the canning I need to bake bread.  At least all this will heat up my kitchen a little.

Gotta go remove jars from canner.  Have a great weekend!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 01:40:59 PM »
Oops got interrupted. I am trying to finish cleaning house and garage for Tuesday. I will fix breakfast lunch for the people who help us load calves. We will gather and sort off calf from the cow and take heifers and steers separately so when we get to town we will already have sort on calves so they can go off truck and in the ring. These kids are gonna be tired tonight after trick or treating last night. They had a friend sleepover and he just loves helping do something in country. We will get him changed fast better go pay attention almost to this pasture.

Janice

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 01:46:46 PM »
Happy weekend ladies! :)

We are at home today (usually an errand day).  Hubby and older boys are getting ready to go out and cut on some of that huge load of firewood in the backyard.  Then a little greenhouse work.  I have lots of laundry done already and am trying to settle on something for supper.  Chicken or roast, haven't decided, will be a late dinner either way.  It was soooo cold here yesterday.  The wind blew all day at like 35-40 mph.  It blew so hard that the woodburner in the basement started blowing the smoke inside. :o  Smoke alarms going off everywhere.  We have one of those directional wind-caps on our chimney, but still, when the wind blows that hard, it can be an issue.  I think we have decided to quit trying to get the woodburner going anytime there is ANY type of wind. :P 

The rest of the day, ummmm.....after Mr. Incredible makes it inside the house, guess we will just have a boring at home family night.  Just the way we like it. ;)  Maybe popcorn and a movie.  Sounds good to me.  We may go do a little grocery shopping later, not sure. ???

Cathie, what a beautiful picture!  You are such a pretty lady! :) So nice to finally see you! :)

Catherine, love your new pic too.  Your hair grows faster than mine.  That length is really a good look for you! :)

Blessings to you all,
Lindsay

Offline Cathie

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 02:06:03 PM »

Cathie, what a beautiful picture!  You are such a pretty lady! :) So nice to finally see you! :)

Blessings to you all,
Lindsay

thanks Lindsay  :-* :-*

I am so sorry about the smoke - no fun!  Enjoy your night at home.  That is what is on my agenda as well.  Movie and relaxing  :-*

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 02:24:38 PM »
Good afternoon!

We had a fun Halloween party with our friends and trick or treating.

I was up early this morning to take the teenagers to a youth church activity.  Then I went to a baby shower for my husband's cousin.  Tonight Jordan and I are going to the soccer playoff game between Real Salt Lake and LA Galaxy.

Our kitchen faucet has been leaking for awhile.  Not badly so we've really procrastinated doing anything about it.  Steven did check to see if maybe we just needed to replace the washers or something but the leak is coming from inside so we decided to go ahead and replace the whole thing.  So Steven's been trying to take it out but the nuts that hold the faucet to the sink are so tight or rusted or whatever that he can't get them loose.  Even liberal amounts of WD-40 are not working.  So it looks like Steven will need to saw through the water lines so he can take them to Lowes to get flexible pipes so he can finally replace the faucet.  What should have been a fairly simple project is turning out to be anything but.

Going to go take a nap now then we'll figure out what to do for dinner since we may not have use of the sink.  :)

Merilee

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2014, 04:03:59 PM »
Good evening, or almost!

It's been a nice fairly relaxing Saturday.  Woke up around 7 and got dressed to run to the Farmer's Market.  Officially, it's over, but a few people are still going to sell as long as customers keep coming and there is something TO sell.  Bought our eggs, some summer squash, and organically grown turnips and kale.  Came home and Earl and I  made breakfast together, potato bowls, then a friend called about hiking (I had been looking for a hiking partner for today with no success).  So, we met out at the Refuge, along with Mallory.  None of us were super energetic today so we walked a dirt gravel road for a total of about 5.4 miles.  Some steep ups and downs but no rock climbing, at least.

Came home and took a long hot bath, and now am thinking about dinner.  Our oven quit the other night.  I wasn't sure, only knew that my cupcakes flopped Wednesday night inexplicably.  This morning when we tried to make bacon, it wasn't heating up enough.  I am so thankful that we uncharacteristically purchased the warranty on this.  This is the same stove where the lower element burnt out and arced back in the spring.  Warranty is still valid through next June, whew!

Thanks for the hair compliment, Lindsay.  I got it cut and shaped (and thinned out) the other night since I was looking pretty fluffy.  I'm liking it better now.

Have a great evening!
Catherine