Author Topic: Monday, November 3, 2014  (Read 1583 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, November 3, 2014
« on: November 03, 2014, 06:17:59 AM »
Good morning

Offline wrancher

Re: Monday, November 3, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 06:32:02 AM »
Finally getting closer. Tomorrow we sell calves.  It's a big day in our house. I need to clean garage  and cook some food. I need to call for an appointment with our accountant this week. So that means I need the bookwork finished. No pressure. I did get another field of hay moved. I still have quite a bit to move but I guess that is a good problem to have. I will keep working at it. I really don't like the time change but the extra hour helped last night. The kids moved cows all 3 days.  They don't seem sore but we had a friend stay 2 days and I am sure he is sore. Well I need the servants working and more COFFEE

Janice

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 06:40:44 AM »
Good morning!

Just had my eggs and bacon and am sipping my coffee.  Gotta hit the road in 30 minutes.  Luckily, I prepped the kids' lunches last night.  I was hoping to hike today but it sounds like the group I would go with may be doing something way over my head today.  So, in that case, I will join the monthly trash pick-up team and help clean up litter.  Either way, I get to be outdoors in a beautiful place with other people who love the Refuge.

Got my dinners for the next two weeks planned out yesterday, as well as lunches for this week.  Only four days till our Dallas trip as well!  Max is excited about his turn to fly home with Grams and Poppy.

We are supposed to get a good rainfall starting tonight.  We certainly need it desperately.  Hoping we really get that wet and cold winter that is predicted...it would go a long way toward getting us out of drought here (less water is used when it's cold).  It's sad and scary to see how low the lakes are around here...the ones that aren't dried up altogether already.

Getting ready to put a chicken-sweet potato curry dish in the crockpot for dinner to make things easy this evening.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 07:09:37 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   It is still really windy here, but not quite as bad as yesterday. The temps stayed in the mid 50s all night and still there. We have chances of rain today, but doesn't look like it right now.
   Last night was a fairly easy night at work, but I am sure tonight won't be. We won't have the good worker care partner there. Oh well. It is just 5 hours, so I will survive.
    I have a few dishes to wash and then I guess I just piddle till time for work. Not much to do at this time of the year. I must remember to call my mom. It has been a few days and she gets quite nasty if she thinks I am neglecting her.  ::)
   You all have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 09:21:45 AM »
Good morning!

Its chilly in the house this morning.  Going to be in the 70's all week though so I am avoiding turning on the heat.  I did take the flannel sheets out of the linen closet and am washing them to put on the bed.  I think they are clean but after being stored for a few months and then us moving, I figured I would wash them anyway.

Today, I have a dentist appointment and I need to lesson plan for the week.  We were out of town all weekend so it didn't get completed.  Today's plans are ready but I need to work on the rest of the week.

Not sure what dinner is tonight.  Not much left in the freezer.. I need to go grocery shopping pretty badly.  The hubs and I are going to go over the budget tonight and hopefully I can go shopping tomorrow.  I think I have a pound of ground beef that I will do something with. 

Hope everyone is having a great day in your homes  :)

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 09:24:45 AM »
Winona,

I'm thinking about you and the work you do today with much appreciation.

My dad had back surgery last Tuesday and after a couple of days in the hospital was transferred to a rehab/nursing facility for a few more days as he learns how to walk and get into and out of bed correctly and climb steps and get dressed while not hurting his back.

We happen to come by with mom during the meal hours and I am impressed with the staff and the food. Dad has his full mind and is only there for therapy. All the staff treat everyone there with respect and the food looks and smells wonderful and it is nice and hot.

He won't be there for long but the care he has gotten has been wonderful.

Since you do this kind of work, I can feel how much you like it and I appreciate your being willing to take care of someone's mom or dad, or sibling or whoever they might be.

It's hard to see a parent in a situation like this but we know Dad is coming home soon but just knowing we can go home at night and not feel uncomfortable leaving him there is priceless.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »
Alice,
   Thank you for the kind words. When I serve any of our residents, I always try to think of how I would want my own mom to be treated if she were in here. About 2/3 of our residents have alzheimers in various stages, so it is not always easy, but they are all treated with respect and I try to make conversation with each person I come in contact with. Some have very few visitors. They just light up when I take the time to visit with them. Makes my day as well.
   I have said a prayer for quick healing for your dad. So glad you found a good home for him to do his rehap in. Some are better than others. Just as some workers are better than others.
   Hopefully your dad will be home soon and back to normal.  ;D
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline 4kidsmom

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 10:45:28 AM »
Good morning!

I have just finished my November menu and will now make my list.  Then it's off to the grocery store.  I am just going to buy what I need but I will also be checking prices for baking supplies. 

When I get home, I will put away all the food and then do housework.  I have bills to pay and need to balance the checkbook. 

Gotta run. I have to get the shopping done by 12:30 which is when I drop off Alex at school.

Have a great day!

Merilee

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 01:30:12 PM »
Good Afternoon!

Wow, so nice to see so many posting here today!  I love reading about all of your lives and days :).

Busy day today, but I've gotten a good bit done.  I did a little bit of NSA work before leaving the house, then headed to yoga class and the gym, followed by a chiro appointment and a Thai lunch with the chiro's receptionist (who happens to be a friend!). 

Thank you all for the prayers, thoughts, and well wishes on my pain last week!  It's actually been much worse over the past few days, but I feel like I'm on the upswing now.  The pain felt like a regular (but temporarily debilitating!) charlie horse/muscle spasm in my hamstring, but it would last about a minute or ninety seconds each time, there was nothing I could do to alleviate it, and it would happen constantly throughout the day, dozens of times a day.  Jean really freaked out when it brought me to the floor while I was making dinner the other night!  The chiro said today that he's seen this a few times, and sent me home with the self-myofascial release stick so I can loosen the muscle out several times a day in between appointments, saying that this had worked for the other patients he'd seen with this same hamstring seizures.  Here's hoping!

Otherwise this weekend held Charlie Brown and soup on Halloween (we don't get trick-or-treaters here on the mountain), a small girls night on Saturday, and church and a Worship Arts planning meeting on Sunday.  The rest of the week should be pretty uneventful, which is OK by me!

Dinner tonight is something with ground turkey.  Better take a look at Pinterest and my past menus!

Have a wonderful day, ladies!

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline Rooney

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 02:22:09 PM »
So glad you are feeling better, Mandy. :)

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 04:18:55 PM »
So glad you are feeling better, Mandy. :)

Thank you! :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥