Author Topic: Thursday, September 12, 2013  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
Thursday, September 12, 2013
« on: September 11, 2013, 11:44:49 PM »
I noticed the toilet is looking grungy, so that's on the top of my list! And really hoping for no rain so I can wash a load or two. And decide about those poor towels on the line. :P

I'll be pushing harder for a walk at some point in the day. I really need to keep my hips moving as birth draws near. The baby's head hasn't engaged my pelvis yet. I can feel it bumping around from time to time, but it's not in a birthing position yet. Oh well, I expect it to be another 3 weeks before the baby is born. :)
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline Trudy in TN

• Loving Home
Re: Thursday, September 12, 2013
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 05:48:35 AM »
Good Morning Ladies,

I am trying to decide if I am going to try to go back to bed.  I am so tired this morning.   :(  On tap for today:

- pick tomatoes from the garden and see if there is enough for another batch of salsa
- go for a walk if the rain holds off
- type AC notes (administrative committee from church)
- shred last of the zucchini from our garden for muffins or bread
- mending
- sew a blanket for a birthday gift that dd needs by Saturday
- most likely run to Michael's and Hobby Lobby with dd.  We are pricing DIY wedding invitations
- cross stitch (I have two pieces going that I need to finish ASAP)

Dinner tonight is:  baked pasta and salad

Leah -  I hope you get your walk in and get some laundry done.  We can't hang clothes outside in our neighborhood  :( :o  It is against code or something.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.
Wife of 29 years to David
Mom to Ian (26) and Rachel (24)
Mom in love to Brooke
www.lovinghome-trudy@blogspot.com

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 06:10:41 AM »
Good morning!

Today I will do school with Emily, and wash, hang out, and put away 4 loads of laundry.  I have a box of bell peppers I picked on Tuesday that I need to do something with today.  I may dehydrate some and chop the rest to freeze.

Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline Alana

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 06:36:23 AM »
Good morning :)

It's another rainy dreary day here today. But so humid!  Crazy weather!

I have apple of laundry that needs doing today so that is first on my list ;)
I am also hoping to get to the basement this afternoon while the kids nap. It's getting kind of scary down there :D
I need to spend a little time with my bookkeeping for the daycare as well and we have been invited to a 40th wedding anniversary tomorrow night so I am planning on making a card and bringing a dish. Need to get that organized too.

Dinner tonight looks like pizza and salad but I'm not sure yet. My menu for the week has gotten a little off track this week ;D

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Loving the country life in Canada!
Married to Sean
Mom of Brandon 20, Joshua 16, Evan 14 & Alyssa 11
Daycare 'mom' to 5 toddlers

Offline wrancher

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 06:46:35 AM »
Good Morning

So we bought a kids car yesterday. 2005 Chevy Impala. The paint job has nicks on it but it ran like a dream coming home.

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 07:05:36 AM »
Good morning everyone.

I thought I'd jump on and see what everyones up to while I eat my bagel.  Sam just left for work and the boys are asleep so it's nice and quiet here.  Ahhhh..... :)

I have my first load washing and then I'll have 2 loads of sheets and a load of towels to get done.  The weather is saying we're going to have scattered storms this afternoon so I hope I can get everything dry and off the lines before the rain starts and they don't get extra rinses like Leah's towels did.  :D  I need to get clean sheets put back on my bed, the kitchen cleaned and I would like to get the windows cleaned in the livingroom.  There is always wood that needs to be stacked so I'll work on that  today too.  I also need to finalize my menu and shopping list for tomorrow's "town day".

I'm not sure what supper is.  I've kind of been in a slump---I'm sick of the summer menu but it's too hot to start the fall menu.   :(  I'll figure something out. 

Gotta scoot.  The washer is calling my name.  :D

Beth   
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:06:42 AM by mooremama »
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Andrea G

• no better thing under the sun
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 07:11:05 AM »
It's rainy and humid here too.  I need to get busy with tomatoes again today.  I will make salsa if I have enough, otherwise they will go in the freezer.  Supper will be at a BBQ at Matt's school.  They are having a meet the teachers night.

Leah, you are getting so close!  I hope you do get to go for that walk.
Trudy, sounds like you have a pretty full day planned.  Hopefully we will be making salsa together  ;D
Cheryl, wish my peppers did as well as yours.  I have picked one bell pepper this year and I don't see very many more.  Probably the wet cool summer. :(
Alana, hasn't this been a crazy summer!  I think it's supposed to cool right down again for the weekend.
Janice, that's a nice car, your kids will love it!
Beth, hope you get the laundry done before it rains.  I have a load on the extra rinse outside right now :)
I hope everyone has a wonderful day :)
Loving life in southern Ontario
Wife to David, Mom to Kate, Paul, Matt and Julianne

Offline wrancher

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 07:21:02 AM »
Not sure what I did. I went to edit my post and had a nice long message typed and I lost it. No time to fix right now. Heading out to bale. Really the car isn't that exciting in my life. HA

Have a great day
Janice

Will post when I come back in

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 07:57:04 AM »
Good morning ladies,

We had rain last night. Not much, about 1/4", but better than nothing.  :D I was happy to see that the storage shed did not leak.  :) I did find a 2 foot section that I neglected to get caulking around the floor. We must have had some wind because it blew a bit of rain under that little section which faces east.  :( Now I have to buy another tube of caulking for a 2' section.  ::) Oh well, at least everything stayed dry. Tonight is pay night, so I think we will go pick up Kevin's check and maybe drop by Menards to see if they have the shelves out on the floor.  ;)

I am working on cleaning this messy desk around my laptop and the area around my sewing machine. My poor machine thinks I abandoned it. LOL Just can't seem to sew with all the clutter around me.   :-[ 

We have to get back to eating healthy. I think I will fix a spaghetti squash in a bit. I have some burger thawing in the fridge, so I'll probably cook it up and add to tomato sauce, then freeze what I don't need today.

Well, I want to do a bit more reading, then need to get with it. Nothing like moving something and having everything come crashing down.  :-[

You all have a great day.

Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline luv2bmom

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 07:57:24 AM »
Good morning!

It's going to be a blessed day as my niece is in the hospital in labor!  I'm going to rush to get to the bank and head on up to the waiting room! 

It's raining today and we need it so much!  I've got laundry going and I may need another cup of coffee!

Have a good day friends, God Bless
Pixie, wife to Coby
mother to Megan, Amanda
and to our beloved late son Braden
Baboo to Mont, Ada, Brinly and Brielle
mil to Warren and Marcus

Offline Rooney

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 03:16:50 PM »
Well today has been a day of school for the kids,  5 loads of laundry, got my daily challenge done and that is about it.  DS convinced me to give him his birthday gifts before Daddy got home.  Now off to fix his birthday dinner.  Oddly enough he asked for pancakes, so I better go as that means about an hour and forty-five minutes in front of the griddle for me.  That is a lot of pancakes!  :)

Offline Leahsgarden

• doTERRA Essential Oils
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »
5 loads of laundry Lindsay?! Man... you're putting my 3 to shame. ;)  I've given up on hanging the clothes. The towels on the line got their 18th "rinse" before I pulled them off, rewashed them and now they're waiting in an Ikea blue bag for my husband to get home and I'll be off to the laundry room.

Toilet done, yay! I even sprayed the shower down, but don't feel up to scrubbing it. At least I can keep the mildew at bay?

I did 9 minutes of dishes. I was aiming for 15, but my back is totally giving out on me. Probably because I'm having to lean so far forward to work around my belly. ::)

I can't find my hair comb, and that's making me grumpy. I think one of the boys took it off somewhere. I spent some birthday money last year on a wooden horn comb so I could get away from plastic brushes. Apparently plastic brushes encourage frizz and if the brush spikes get scratched in any way, it starts to tear apart your hair. I'm trying to get my hair longer again. I had my sister cut it pretty short when Logan was born because I was tired of the "mom ponytail". It's cute for 3 months... then you just have short hair that you can't style.  ??? Especially if you get a layered hair cut like I did. So in December, I had my husband cut it all straight and I've been growing it out since. Can't quite get enough twist to do a proper bun, but I can French braid it now! :)
...Leah
wife to Chris
Mommy to Caleb, Logan, & Josie

Offline Rooney

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 06:37:01 PM »
5 loads of laundry Lindsay?! Man... you're putting my 3 to shame. ;)  I've given up on hanging the clothes. The towels on the line got their 18th "rinse" before I pulled them off, rewashed them and now they're waiting in an Ikea blue bag for my husband to get home and I'll be off to the laundry room.

Toilet done, yay! I even sprayed the shower down, but don't feel up to scrubbing it. At least I can keep the mildew at bay?

I did 9 minutes of dishes. I was aiming for 15, but my back is totally giving out on me. Probably because I'm having to lean so far forward to work around my belly. ::)

I can't find my hair comb, and that's making me grumpy. I think one of the boys took it off somewhere. I spent some birthday money last year on a wooden horn comb so I could get away from plastic brushes. Apparently plastic brushes encourage frizz and if the brush spikes get scratched in any way, it starts to tear apart your hair. I'm trying to get my hair longer again. I had my sister cut it pretty short when Logan was born because I was tired of the "mom ponytail". It's cute for 3 months... then you just have short hair that you can't style.  ??? Especially if you get a layered hair cut like I did. So in December, I had my husband cut it all straight and I've been growing it out since. Can't quite get enough twist to do a proper bun, but I can French braid it now! :)
Leah
5 loads is a light day.  There has been so much more lately due to cloth diapers and then the loads of sheets and blankets from where the cloth diapers leak. So it has been anywhere from 6-8 loads.  But don't give me to much credit cause I have two sets of washers and dryers fortunately.  Because I have gone into labor while doing laundry with most of my pregnancies, hubby made some boxes out of plywood to set them on so I'm not always squatting down to get stuff in and out because they are front loaders.  I don't have clothesline though so all summer I've had to have the dryers running all day. 

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 06:51:59 PM by Rooney »

Offline Rooney

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 07:09:32 PM »
Pancakes anyone?  This is what ds9 wanted for his b-day dinner.  Not real pretty, but they didn't last long.