Author Topic: Friday, November 7, 2014  (Read 960 times)

Offline wrancher

Friday, November 7, 2014
« on: November 07, 2014, 06:48:55 AM »
Good morning

Offline Cheryl

Re: Friday, November 7, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 06:51:09 AM »
Good morning!

Just a quick post before I start my day.  It is Friday, isn't it? ???  Tony had a rare day off work yesterday and my week feels out of whack.

I have a load of laundry in the washer with more to do.  I need to get Emily started on school work while I start blanching the turnip greens I have picked.  I'll get them in the freezer today.  I also need to go out and cut more lettuce for our salads tonight.  Baking bread and pizza crust is also on my to-do list.

Hope you all have a great day!  Stay warm! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 07:14:05 AM »
I had a huge post ready and lost it! Today is move cows back out to pasture.  Megan is going back to college and coming back Monday. Last time she will be able to help like that with her schedule.  Allison has practice 2-4.  I hope to get housework and bookwork started as kids are home today. we have many little things that need done to get ready for winter.  We may have snow Monday.  We are lucky it has been this nice for so long. 

Coffee time
Janice

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 07:26:43 AM »
Good morning ladies,
   It is cold and windy here today, but supposed to get worse by Monday. I had yesterday and today off. I got all my errands run and did my laundry yesterday. Today, I plan to make some stuffed peppers, baked sweet potatoes and a few other things to have ready to eat in the fridge. I am enjoying having some time off. I have several days off in the first half of the month, but few in the last half, so I had better enjoy these.  ;)
   I also need to collect the onions that are braided and hanging in the shop. Those need to be taken care of before the hard freezes get here. Sure miss my chickens when I have to buy eggs. I haven't had to buy eggs in years. They are $2.00 a dozen for regular large eggs and over $4.00 a dozen for free range eggs. I have to just stick with the regular eggs right now. I hope when Kevin retires we can get about 4 or 5 hens. That would be plenty for us.
   We talked a bit about what we want to plant this coming spring. The garden needs to be seriously down sized, especially if I am still working at that time.
   Well, I need to get started on some cooking, so I can relax this afternoon. You all have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 01:43:23 PM »
Good afternoon!

Its been busy here today!  I have been to the gym and worked out, showered, done laundry, got dinner in the crockpot,and now we are having a brunch type meal that my oldest cooked for us.  He's a pretty good cook and said something about possibly looking in to culinary arts in college.  I think that would be a great fit for him.

We invited my hubs cousin and her DH over for dinner this evening so I am busy preparing for that... need to bake some bread and vacuum but other than that, the house looks good.

I have to admit that I am jealous of those with cooler weather.  Its 80 degrees here today (again).  Some of you may be jealous of that though so I shouldn't complain.   ;D

Dinner tonight is chipotle pork roasts with peruano beans, salad, bread and something for dessert... not sure what yet.

Have a great day!