Author Topic: Wednesday, November 5  (Read 2591 times)

Offline Cheryl

Wednesday, November 5
« on: November 05, 2014, 05:12:31 AM »
Good morning!

I'm here having my coffee before going to feed the outside animals.  Today we have a homeschool meeting at the library.  We'll get out of there around lunch time.  While I'm out, I need to run to Walmart and return a Christmas gift I'd bought for my granddaughter.  Her mother had already bought the same thing, so I'll return the one I got and try to come up with another gift.  And here I was thinking I was done shopping. ;)

I looked over the grocery ads last night and didn't find any earth shattering good deals so I'll probably just run in the store and make a pass around the perimeter checking for markdowns.  I'm not having much luck with those lately, so we'll see.  Other than that I don't have any plans.  When I get home I'll catch up on any housework that needs doing, then I guess I'll pick up pecans.  We're supposed to get some rain tonight and maybe tomorrow, so I'd like to get the pecans before they get wet.

Have a great day! :)
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

Re: Wednesday, November 5
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 07:16:54 AM »
Good morning Cheryl and all

We had an awesome sale day for the calves.  Our steers did the best our heifers I thought might have brought more but we are very happy.  So so glad that day is over.  Today is Ashley's 17th bday. Holy smokes she is old.  I need to make her a cake and she already opened her gift of clothes.  After our calf chores are done we will go pickup the 7 head of calves we bought yesterday.  I will probably get back to hay hauling as our weather has been extremely nice out.  I am just afraid it will turn bad.  We are also all done harvesting crops this year. Yeah. Now to get to some projects that we have put off.  I finally have the accountant date of the 13th so obviously I can concentrate more on that.  I like to do bookwork just feel guilty sitting in house when there is so much to do outside. 

Coffee time...
Janice

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 07:58:11 AM »
Hi,

Having a busy week with work, running to Dad's rehab. facility, getting mom, feeding her dinner, going back to see Dad, etc.

I went there last night and Dad had a list of things for me and Mom to do -- --What is that all about?! I had to give him a haircut immediately upon arrival, then he told us to go to their house and dig all the carrots! I'm in my office work clothes so they got a bit dirty. I told mom we must have looked a sight--two old ladies out digging carrots while darkness is approaching. We told dad he better get healed quickly because he has carrots to wash and then begin eating them!  He loves his garden and the carrots were the last things there but he also needed his back surgery.  He so badly wants to go home and eat his homegrown food instead of facility food (which isn't bad).

Cheryl, do you use the pecans you pick up? Thy are quite expensive in the store and if you could use them that would be a bonus.

I also noticed there are no earth shattering deals in the ads but I did stop to look at beef and the meat guy was marking a ton of beef down. I was headed to work and no where to put  a bunch had I bought them so I got one pkg. only. I took my crockpot to work so I could get a roast cooking with some potatoes and CARROTS. People will have to smell it all day long but I just didn't have time to run back home after buying the roast so it has to cook at work. Mom is gone to be with Dad all day and she comes home when I pick her up after work for dinner but there wouldn't have been any dinner had I not cooked it at work. It will be over soon when Dad comes home. I hope by the weekend.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 08:50:42 AM »
Good morning, ladies.

I am enjoying a quiet morning.  Sitting with my pup, Sophie and having some butter pecan coffee and I have a pumpkin pecan waffle candle that is lit and making my house smell amazing.

I really having no where to be until we head to the gym later today but I do need some eggs and carrots.  Forgot them at the store yesterday.  With Cheryl and Alice mentioning grocery ads, it made me think that I have not gotten any ads in the mail since we moved here.  Kind of weird since I was used to getting them in the mail weekly. 

Today, we have school to do and I may run and get the carrots and eggs (if I am feeling ambitious, LOL).  We went home to visit this past weekend and brought home my carpet shampooer.  I have a few spots that I am going to use it on.  We're in a rental house and the carpet is old and I think that previous spots on the carpet show up when we walk on it.  We don't wear shoes in the house though so it could be worse.  I have laundry to do and its supposed to be almost 80 today so I will hang the laundry on the clothesline.

Not sure what dinner is this evening..  better get that planned out.

Janice - so glad to hear that the sale went well yesterday!

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 12:22:01 PM »
Afternoon Ladies!

I had a chiro appointment this morning and ran across the street to the grocery store afterwards.  Made it home, played with the pup outside a bit, fixed lunch, and settled down to work just as it started to rain :).  I've done most of my NSA work for the day, and need to straighten up a bit - swish bathrooms, vacuum the floors, put the clean dishes away.

I just sent an email to our choir director telling her than both Jean and I wouldn't be there tonight for rehearsal.  I feel a bit bad about skipping, but things have really gone downhill in the past few months, and we hardly ever sing at our service (8:30AM) anymore, only at the 11AM service (which we don't attend) so I feel like attending weekly rehearsals right during dinnertime is such a waste for us.  He and I are definitely not the only ones that feel this way, and at least we haven't left choir altogether, like many others have.  We are also both proficient in reading music/singing/playing (we're both in praise band as well), so we can get by with less help than some others.

Jean is having a tough, busy week full of early mornings and long days, so I'm taking extra time and making an extra effort to make the evenings pleasant and easy for him, including having well-rounded, special meals on the table at night, since it's his only hot meal of the day (well, not including the oatmeal breakfast he eats out of a Thermos!).  I also picked up a few special lunchbox treats for him today - Ninja Turtles fruit snacks, mini Reese's cups, mini pumpkin pies, Naked juice smoothies ;D.  Dinner tonight is spiral ham, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and salad.

Janice - So glad the sales went well!  Awesome news!

Cheryl - Way to go with being (almost ;)) done with your Christmas shopping!  Wow!

Alice - Your dad sounds like a riot!  Glad he's recovering well.

Erica - Is your candle from Bath & Body Works (I thought I saw that scent there)?  LOVE their candles, and tend to go a bit overboard, but they are SO GOOD!
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 01:14:40 PM »
I purchased the pumpkin pecan waffle mason jar candle from bath and body works and wow! It is amazing! I had to go back and purchase 2 more! They have a wonderful scent that you can really smell throughout the house.

My mother in law just bought me a Goose creek candle in pumpkin toddy scent. I havent gotten it yet, as it is being mailed to me. But I cant wait to see if it has a good scent throw like everybody says. Any of you ladies ever purchase a goose creek candle? Thoughts?

Good afternoon everyone! I have been working on the house today. We havent been home much lately. So it really needed some attention. I posted on facebook but I dont have many of you as friends on there yet, but, my mother in law and Chad bought me a kitchenaid mixer. Its a lovely red and I am in LOVE with it! It's an early Christmas present but they thought I would get much use out of it with the holidays coming up! I am so blessed to have the family I have.

My internet, cable and phone bill was credited for a whole month so I had some money to spare this month. I put some in savings. The rest I spent on Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner. I'm excited for the holidays.

Tomorrow is Chad's 37th birthday. So tonight we are taking him out to dinner. I will have to eat carefully. My blood sugar readings have been wonderful! I am still having trouble with hives though. But I am dealing with it. I am quite amazed at the blood sugar readings though. I have tried to eliminate all stress and just be happy plus I'm not staying up all hours of the night. So I think thats the ticket.

You ladies have a wonderful afternoon!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 01:27:50 PM »
On the topic of candles--------would anyone have a good alternate to candles? I almost burned my house down with a simmering pot in 1989 and have been afraid of candles ever since. I vowed never to light candles again for fun only in power outages.  The little votive candle that starting burning the pot that held the potporri. We forgot to blow it out when we went for a haircut (probably gone 30 minutes) and when we came back there were flames shooting up about 12 inches or more. Scary.

I love cinnamon apple scent and use glade cone-shaped gel type fresheners but I want my house to smell really good. I would love your thoughts on this subject.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 01:46:21 PM »
Bobbie, the red one is the prettiest of all IMO!  I have plain old white and it works just the same, but that red one has curb appeal! ;)  Enjoy.

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2014, 01:47:03 PM »
Alice: I have one of those candle warmers that you plug in.  It warms the candle (jar candles), so you can enjoy the fragrance, but no flame is needed.

I got it to use with a Christmas tree scented candle to make our fake tree seem more real.  It works really well, but a word of warning: if you have it on the floor next to your tree, be careful not to knock it over.  The melted wax is not a fun thing to clean off of carpet! (don't ask me how I know)!  :P

I got the warmer at Michaels with a 50% coupon, but they also have them on sale a lot too when their candles go on sale.
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2014, 03:07:25 PM »

Erica - Is your candle from Bath & Body Works (I thought I saw that scent there)?  LOVE their candles, and tend to go a bit overboard, but they are SO GOOD!

Yes ma'am!  I have a bit of an addiction to their 3 wick candles.. the 2 for 22 sales are my friend

Offline Cheryl

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »
Bobbie- don't remember if I told you on FB but my kitchenaid is red too.  Her name is Ruby! ;)

Alice - we'll keep a couple buckets of pecans to shell and use throughout the year.  I love pecans and use them in several different recipes plus just shell and eat them plain.

Mandy - we're having a very simple Christmas this year.  I'm waiting on a couple of orders for the kids and I'm calling it done!

Janice - happy birthday to Ashley!  I know what you mean about feeling guilty being indoors when there's work outside.  I feel the same way sometimes.

Erica-you've made me want to buy a new candle!  Bet your house smells so good!

Pam - good idea on the candle warmer.  I've never used one but I need to with 4 cats running around.  I'm surprised that one of them hasn't caught a tail on fire yet!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 03:33:12 PM »
Erica - Love it!  Do you get their emails?  They always have great sales and coupons.  I made the mistake of taking Jean in there a couple of weeks ago (Jean, the guy who falls for the 'If Buy 2, Get 1 Free is good, then Buy 3, Get 2 Free is better!' deals.  I won't horrify you with how much we spent, but it was more than a hundred bucks (granted, we did get a bunch of Christmas gifts) :o :o :o.

Alice - I was going to suggest to warmer as well.  I think mine also came from Michael's, and wasn't too pricey.

Mandy
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline bobbie78

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2014, 08:57:16 PM »
I have several warmers throughout the house, I'm kind of a ''smell freak''.  A few of them came from Walmart for around 12 bucks. You plug them in and they have a light at the bottom that warms the tart (candle) in the bowl above. There is no flame. :) I even have a scentsy one that was pricey. But, really, the Walmart ones work just as good.  I buy tarts a lot at Walmart. They are 2 bucks for 6. But I love candles, too! I get the online things from bbw, too. Those candles are awesome!
Cheryl, Ruby is a wonderful name! I just used mine to make Chads birthday cake. I love it!
Lindsay, I am glad they picked red for me! I would have gladly accepted any color--even the ugliest (if there is such a thing). My kitchen is done in apples and gingerbread. And my other appliances are mostly red. So, they made a good choice! God bless them!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2014, 10:49:58 PM »
Erica - Love it!  Do you get their emails?  They always have great sales and coupons.  I made the mistake of taking Jean in there a couple of weeks ago (Jean, the guy who falls for the 'If Buy 2, Get 1 Free is good, then Buy 3, Get 2 Free is better!' deals.  I won't horrify you with how much we spent, but it was more than a hundred bucks (granted, we did get a bunch of Christmas gifts) :o :o :o.

Alice - I was going to suggest to warmer as well.  I think mine also came from Michael's, and wasn't too pricey.

Mandy

I do!  Love having it brought right to my door!

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2014, 05:55:21 AM »
I have several warmers throughout the house, I'm kind of a ''smell freak''.  A few of them came from Walmart for around 12 bucks. You plug them in and they have a light at the bottom that warms the tart (candle) in the bowl above. There is no flame. :) I even have a scentsy one that was pricey. But, really, the Walmart ones work just as good.  I buy tarts a lot at Walmart. They are 2 bucks for 6. But I love candles, too! I get the online things from bbw, too. Those candles are awesome!
Cheryl, Ruby is a wonderful name! I just used mine to make Chads birthday cake. I love it!
Lindsay, I am glad they picked red for me! I would have gladly accepted any color--even the ugliest (if there is such a thing). My kitchen is done in apples and gingerbread. And my other appliances are mostly red. So, they made a good choice! God bless them!

There is!  I think I have it--harvest gold from the late 70's or early 80's!  But it was my mom's and still runs great.  Apparently, from what I've read, they used Hobart motors back then.