Author Topic: Just for fun....  (Read 2418 times)

Offline Rooney

Just for fun....
« on: November 05, 2014, 12:24:42 PM »
Hubby and my 15th anniversary is tomorrow (I am sure I will be all sentimental tomorrow, but will post that in the closed boards ;)LOL)  Just for fun, do you and your hubby have a song that is "your song" and what is the story behind it?

Our song is Angel Eyes by the Jeff Healy Band.  I know, kinda old song, but my hubby is a bit older than I am. ;) LOL  Story behind it is when we first started dating, I was going back and forth to college during the days over in Indiana and he put that CD in my cars CD player.  Years later, I find out that it was to make sure I kept him on my mind during the day.  He said he was trying to make sure he made his way into my heart.  How sweet is that?!!

So just for fun........what is your "special" song and why?

Offline bobbie78

Re: Just for fun....
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 01:20:23 PM »
We've never really had a song. But, a few years ago David Nail (country artist) came out with a song "Whatever shes got" and Chad says when he hears that song he thinks of me every time. Isnt that sweet? :) 

I do love that song angel eyes! I love older music! Our anniversary is November 19. Happy anniversary to you and your hubby!
~Bobbie from southern Ohio. Living life with my partner, Chad and two furbabies Punkin and Jade.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 02:42:59 PM »
Happy Anniversary Lindsay  :-* :-* :-* :-*

We were married 20 years ago at 21  ;)

This was our wedding song ~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCVo_69Gv4w

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 03:05:04 PM »
This is the song we danced to at our wedding...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXHGvgdjEAw

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 03:27:43 PM »
How fun!

The song we danced to at our wedding is a song that his singer-songwriter (the guy he still plays with) wrote, titled French Fries & Gravy.  Always, during their set, whenever they played this song, Jean would put his upright down and come out into the audience (along with their drummer), and Jean and I would lead everyone in an audience-wide waltz (I guess they thought if someone else started it, others would join in, and they always did!).  It's always made me feel like just the most special girl in the world!  A few years ago the band had a promo video made and there's actually a shot of us dancing in the video!

Video on YouTube (skip to 00:01:50 just to see the dancing part):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3U4IyI8zHE

You can see the whole song here (performed for a Comcast concert a loooong time ago):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xa1rjpEvrZM

Attached is a photo of our first dance.  Oh, I'm getting all nostalgic and sentimental now!  Have a wonderful anniversary tomorrow!!

Mandy
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 03:34:09 PM by MissMandy »
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 07:25:52 PM »
We celebrated 21 years in July.  Our song was/is (Everything I Do) I Do It for You, sung by Bryan Adams.  We saw the movie Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves shortly after we started dating and I guess the song just stuck for both of us.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoWtY_h4xo
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 07:26:44 PM by greyhoundgirl »

Offline Rooney

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 12:15:30 PM »
We celebrated 21 years in July.  Our song was/is (Everything I Do) I Do It for You, sung by Bryan Adams.  We saw the movie Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves shortly after we started dating and I guess the song just stuck for both of us.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoWtY_h4xo

I love, love, love this song!  Some friends of ours sang it at our wedding.  Brings back memories.

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 09:41:12 AM »
We had a very traditional, conservative wedding with no dancing and no alcohol because our parents were/are very strict. 28 years this past Sept. and it doesn't bother me at all. We still had fun and we're still married!

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Rooney

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 12:07:19 PM »
We had a very traditional, conservative wedding with no dancing and no alcohol because our parents were/are very strict. 28 years this past Sept. and it doesn't bother me at all. We still had fun and we're still married!

Alice

Us too Alice.  I wanted a reception at a reception hall, because we had lots of friends that would have enjoyed it.  My Mama wouldn't allow it!  LOL Our reception was in the reception hall at our church.  She said that you will usually end up on the foot that you start out on.  15 years later, I realize, wise words(for us at least.)

Offline Shelly

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 12:37:16 PM »
Ours is Truly, Madly, Deeply, by Savage Garden.  It was the song that was playing during our first kiss.  Later, when paying attention to the words, it really fit.  I met Trevor not long after I had just gone through a teenage pregnancy and placed my birthson for adoption.  Trevor had dealt with depression and suicide attempts.  So, for us, it was a new beginning and a reason for living (some of the words in the song)

We were married 15 years this past summer.
Wife to Trevor for 16 years and SAHM to Maisie (4) Liam (4) Aedric (1) Harold (1)

Offline Rooney

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »
Shelley, so good to see you again!!  Thank you so much for keeping this forum open for all of us! ;D