Author Topic: 46 days  (Read 3046 times)

Offline Cathie

46 days
« on: November 08, 2014, 08:01:17 AM »
yup it's becoming a very low number now  ;)

Been trying to figure out gift for my hubby.  So i have decided I am going to do monthly dates (like this - sort of  ;) ) http://www.pinterest.com/pin/204139795582563097/

I also bought him a movie

I have my Christmas cards just need to print my family photo so I need to send those into Shutterfly - I am hoping next pay day.

I have started making a plan of what I'd like done. And costs.  Gifts are still going to be the most expensive part.  I am hoping to lower my kids wishes down to a more reasonable amount, they aren't really asking for a lot just the things they'd like are expensive.

How goes the battle for you guys?

Offline Proudmama

Re: 46 days
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 08:59:46 AM »
I am plugging along and feel like I am still on top of things. 

Doug's cousin asked that we not exchange this year because money is tight for her and her new husband.  I had already gotten them each a small gift but that will save me spending any more money.  I told her not to buy any of us anything because I had spent so little. 

I know what Corey's main gift will be and he also asked for one other thing.  I have one other gift for him and will get one or two more things for him plus a few stocking things.

We have Zac's main gift - a coffee maker from Doug's work plus a ton of coffee and tea packets - plus one stocking stuffer.  I still need a few more things for him plus stocking stuffers.

I need a main gift for Madelyn plus one or two other gifts and stocking stuffers. 

I think I only need one more thing for Molly plus her stocking.  Her main gift was SUPER expensive - four tickets to One Direction!!!  Madelyn will go with her so it is kind of a gift for Madelyn, too.  I always get each of them the same number of gifts but don't always spend the same amount of money.  There have been many years that Molly's entire pile cost as much as one gift one of the other kids got so it all works out in the end.

I think I only need one or two more things for Doug plus his stocking.

I have just about finished Corey's girlfriend.  I just need to get her a gift card.  I have to get Zac's girlfriend's gifts but am not sure what they will be. 😜

I have one more gift each to get for some members of Doug's family but still need ideas for his mom.

All in all - it shouldn't be too terrible.  Most of the gifts left to get will be gift cards which cost money but are easy to grab.  I think Doug and I will run out next weekend and do a bit of shopping and I will do some looking online this week as well.

Denise

Offline Linda

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 04:15:07 PM »
 I am getting there, just very slow this year.

Gary's with the exception of a few little surprises is done...

Nick- he changes his mind from time to time so as of now i just have him some stocking stuffers.

DJ and Missy-will get gift cards for the grocery store's and starbucks... they need all the help they can get with groceries..

Dallas- will get Starbuck's gift card(he loves there chocolate milk) and toys of course..

We do have  one couple that we exchange gifts with with there children and I have no idea yet what we are getting them...

i still need to find a bit more motivation...

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2014, 08:16:22 PM »
I have vanilla made.  Just need to get it finished and in bottles.  I need to find labels for the bottles too.  Other than that... I have nothing ready.  We have lots of birthdays, car registration is due, I need a CA drivers license, the dogs need to go to the vet for shots... so much money goes out this time of year.  I'm WAY stressed.

Offline Cathie

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 07:25:38 AM »
Denise ~ you have a nice plan in place

Linda ~ you too  :-* :-*

Erica ~ I hear you about money.  Groceries are stressing me out - it's so expensive and I am in no way buying anything I would consider junk  >:( >:( >:(

Have you seen this for the vanilla ~ http://happymoneysaver.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/HMS_Van_Ext_Label_FINAL_alcohol_30-up.pdf

Offline Alice

• Married to Henry and we have 3 children
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2014, 08:05:18 AM »
For our second and maybe even our third year, we aren't giving kids gifts. No money, plain and simple. They all get a large portion of their college tuition paid for by us and then I don't see the point in additional gifts. They understand.

No gifts exchange for hubby and me either. Thankfully, we don't do a lot with extended family so that is a relief. We might do the $5 gift stealing Christmas game but the kids buy their own $5 gift for that.  I have one party for work that looks like a $10-15 gift (it never was this high before! Ouch!). I probably will stay at the low end. Sometimes people give old, used, and even broken stuff so I'm not inclined to spend $15 and get something broken to take home and put in the garbage.

Alice
Alice
Married to Henry
Mom to 3 kids
2 cats

Offline Proudmama

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2014, 01:35:22 PM »
I came up with a gift idea for Doug's mom and ordered it yesterday.  I think Doug and I will go out tomorrow and pick up a few things for the kids.

Denise

Offline sbdriver

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 12:27:54 PM »
Oh Cathie those are cool  :)

I seem to make a budget each year then don't stick to it... seeing just one more perfect thing then having to add to the others to keep it fair lol. This year I am sticking to it, no ifs ands or buts  ;)

I have Miranda's all done, her fiances just 1 small thing left to pick up but know what it is, some of Alana's and none for Zachary. Sis, he is like Nick, can't get a set answer so we always leave his till last lol. I have half of my bf Graham's done. He's making me stick to a budget for us too so just have to figure out the other half to get  :-\

My Christmas cards are few this year but have certain people I definitely want to send to.

It seems so far off but will be here before we know it  :o  :o
Laurie
Many hands make light work