Author Topic: Monday, November 10, 2014  (Read 1565 times)

Offline wrancher

Monday, November 10, 2014
« on: November 10, 2014, 06:55:34 AM »
Good snowy morning

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
Re: Monday, November 10, 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2014, 07:16:31 AM »
Good morning Janice and all who follow,
    It is really windy, but still warm here. The bottom is supposed to fall out of the temps tonight. Good think I have today off because I have a lot to get done. I have to finish winterizing everything since it is supposed to get down into the teens. Need to clean the litter box, sweep, dust, wipe down everything, etc. Kevin is going to head out in a bit and try to put more applications in. I'll say it again. There just are no jobs around here at this time. Even the stores are being very careful about hiring more people for Christmas. Never really saw it quite this bad, but it has been many years since Kevin has looked for a job.  :(
   I decided to start crocheting another shawl yesterday. I have some Bernat yarn that has a shiny silver streak running through it. Oh my goodness, it was a horrible mess to get started.I had half the skein pulled out before I ever found the beginning. I was so aggravated. Spent most of my time untangling and will continue to untangle until the whole skein is gone. I doubt that I will ever buy Bernat again. I have another skein of the same yarn. Sure hope it is better.  ::)
   Well, I'd better get my cup of coffee and get busy around here if I want to beat the cold front. You all have a great day and stay warm!
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2014, 07:22:24 AM »
Not sure you should include snowy and good in the same sentence.  It is what it is snowy and cold. Ugh. Megan is suppose to be coming back sometime today to help with a week of work.  I have to have bookwork finished as we go to accountant on Thrusday. There is so much more than just entering checks anymore. So until she gets here I will help Ross with chores. Waiting in house till we know kids make it to school.  I need to call in as Levi is home sick. Mainly respiratory. 

Offline pamgonzo

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2014, 08:45:59 AM »
Good Morning all!

Janice: I vote that good and snowy should never be used in the same sentence!!  Are we ever prepared for that first go round with it?

Winona: Hope your yarn aggravation subsides, and that you get done what you need to before the cold hits.

We are suppose to see the first significant snow later this week.  Not looking forward to it!  Not a fan!  I think my oldest had the right idea when he moved to Myrtle Beach! 

I am knee keep in kitchen reorganizing today.  One shelf, and one cupboard at a time.  It is amazing the kinds of things you find you have jammed in the back of a cupboard!  De-clutter, de-clutter, de-clutter!! 
I'm sure that will keep me busy most of the day. 

I have a spare bedroom that needs some serious attention, but I think I will hold off on that for a couple of days.  Hubby is going to be out of town for work for a few days, so that would be a good time to hit that hard.  Sometimes projects like that seem to have no end!  It will be easier if I'm not having to think about making dinner, etc. 

I need to get some kind of exercise in today as well.  Probably a walking dvd or something.  My days of walking the neighborhood or the trail may have to wait until spring!  (did I mention that I don't enjoy the cold??) 

Hope everyone has a happy and productive day!! 
Pam
Living in West Michigan and loving life!
Wife of 32 years
At home Mom to 3 grown sons ages 29, 25, 22 and  daughter in love aged 25

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2014, 09:25:40 AM »
Good morning

Its not snowy here and while I kind of miss living where it snows... I am enjoying the warm weather. 

We went to church yesterday and I have to say that we love our new church here!  So grateful to have found it!  We also did some work on the fencing in the yard.  We are in a rental right now and there was about a 40 foot section of the back acre that had no fence up.  The dogs have been good about not leaving but we put up a 3 foot fence there just to deter them (the big one did get out a couple times) but she's getting older and is not a jumper so 3 feet should be good.  We also have a large gate that had the worst fencing job done on it that I had ever seen so we redid it.  Our neighbor helped us which was nice.. I am sure he saw the hubs and I and thought he better help us 2 novices, LOL.  He has all sorts of fun tools.. got to use a fence stretcher yesterday, LOL.  So with that said.. the fence and gate are looking good back there.

Omeara and her girls are coming over this morning.  Not sure that she moved over to this board from the old one.. I'll have to ask her about that.  The boys will have a light school day.  Thinking just math and Bible today since we are having company come over.  I need to finish lesson planning for the week too.  Our weekends have been so busy that I am not getting it done like I want to.  Need to get better about that.

I am also making some bread for our neighbor as a thank you for helping us with the gate fencing.

Dinner tonight will be hamburgers, baked sweet potatoes with maple mayo and salad.

Have a great day everyone!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2014, 09:26:40 AM by shedrinkzcoffee »

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2014, 01:36:40 PM »
Good Afternoon!

We've been getting down to around freezing at night, but going up to the high-50's to around 60* during the day, so fairly pleasant.  This morning was the typical Monday for us: up at 4:30 and getting Jean fed, packed, and off to work, then back to bed for an hour or so.  Yoga and gym workout, followed by a chiro appointment.  I came home and made some lunch and settled down into some computer/NSA work, and I've been here ever since.

Erica - you mentioned that your pup is getting older and not much of a jumper, so your 3' fence should be enough of a deterrent.  It's funny, our Grimm is three feet tall...at the shoulder ( :o :o :o)...and he stays perfectly happily contained in our side yard that has just a 3' mesh/temporary fence.  He can go up to the fence, stick his head over and look over it, and his chin doesn't even touch the top.  Funny what a little mental/visual block will do! ;D

The dogs have been good about not leaving but we put up a 3 foot fence there just to deter them (the big one did get out a couple times) but she's getting older and is not a jumper so 3 feet should be good. 

The rest of today holds a bit more NSA work, vacuuming, and getting dinner (lasagna) in the Crock*Pot.  Ballet was canceled for the rest of the month since the instructor is expecting and her due date is right around the corner.  Good thing, since I was going to skip this month or until my hip/hamstring was better!

Have a wonderful (rest of the) day!

Mandy :)
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »
Isn't is funny how that works on them, Mandy? 

on another note... I took my neighbor his bread and now he is out and mowing my lawn.  I'm telling you.. that man is a giver! (that and he probably doesn't want to live next to an unkempt yard, LOL... we need to get a lawn mower - other then our neighbor, LOL)

Offline MissMandy

• ♥ Summer 2015 ♥
    • The Finstad Homestead
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2014, 03:03:31 PM »

on another note... I took my neighbor his bread and now he is out and mowing my lawn.  I'm telling you.. that man is a giver! (that and he probably doesn't want to live next to an unkempt yard, LOL... we need to get a lawn mower - other then our neighbor, LOL)

What a sweetheart!  The man across the street from us will come and snowplow our driveway sometimes if the snow is really deep, and it is such a blessing! 

M
Mandy, wife to Jean, furmama to Irish Wolfhound Grimmauld (Grimm), living in the mountains of Virginia.  Childless by circumstance and loving it! ♥

shedrinkzcoffee

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2014, 03:45:10 PM »
Mandy - I posted a picture on FB.  He is mowing the whole acre for us! There is a designated yard but with the recent rains, the whole thing is growing like crazy... not sure what it is but its green.  Looks like big strawberry plants and cilantro but its neither, LOL.. just a bunch of overgrowth.