Author Topic: Wednesday, November 12  (Read 1694 times)

Offline mooremama

• Sam and the boys
Wednesday, November 12
« on: November 12, 2014, 04:00:26 AM »
Good morning.

I'm waiting on my coffee to perk.  I can't wait.  I really need a cup this morning.  I woke up with a headache and I hate to do that.  It just starts the whole day off on the wrong foot.  I'm hoping a cup of coffee will fix it, if not I'll take some Tylenol. 

I don't have much to do today.  Aaron has rifle qualifying today so he'll be gone from noon-10pm.  I'll have both boys so that should keep things interesting. I do want to get a load of clothes on the line and I really need to vacuum.  Since we've started up the woodstove, my floors are a mess. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful hump day.  ;D

Beth
Beth in western NC
Wife of Sam for 27 years,
Mother of Aaron (26) and Caylon (24)
MIL to Bo
Nan to Lainey Beth (7), Stephen Holden (3) and Samuel Evan (2)
Furmama to Bonnie and Jake
Barnyard Mama to 2 goats, 3 turkeys and oodles of chickens.

Offline Cheryl

Re: Wednesday, November 12
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2014, 05:55:57 AM »
Good morning!

Beth - sure hope you get some relief from that headache. 

I'm sitting here with my cup of coffee thinking about what I want and need to do today.  We have a chance of rain tonight, so I'll wash laundry and hang it out to dry.  I am still picking up pecans.  I have about three 5-gallon buckets picked up and that's only the ones from two trees.  I haven't even started picking up around the other two trees. 

With the colder weather predicted for next week, I need to make sure the chickens are ready.  I need to add more shavings to their coops and maybe put some plastic over the windows. 

Well, better get going.  Nothing will get done with me sitting here! ;)  Have a great day!
Cheryl in Alabama
Wife to Tony
Mother to Lana & Emily
Nana to Logan & Madilyn

Offline wrancher

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 05:58:12 AM »
Good Morning

When does it ever slow down? Yesterday I helped with chores and even with Megan it takes awhile. Just think how long it will be after she leaves. After chores Ross and I ran in a pickup to be worked on. Hopefully this morning they finish it. We came home I did bookwork he worked on tractor. Then he ended up buying calves so we trailered loaded  4 loads home. During that time Megan and I started helping the guy butcher cow. We know nothing about it except cut chunks as it will be hamburger. We got the front cut. Tonight the back will be cut then we run through his grinder about 3x he said. We finally pulled in last night at 9;45.  Boy with cold weather everything just takes longer. Have to let vehicles warm up, chop waters (my least favorite), etc. It says 2 but feels like -18. Today Ross will take kids in for donuts for dads and Ashley left her car last night to get tire fixed. Then at 9 truck comes to load open cows for sale today in town. Then I am going to finish bookwork. I need to replinish the servants and do some tidying. Bookwork is the most important as we have meeting tomorrow. We also have crop insurance meeting tonight but might just have her come to my house,

Coffee time
Janice

I think we need some BOLDER coffee in our house! Ross must think so to as he keeps adding more scoops but I dont think it is working
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 06:00:28 AM by wrancher »

Offline wrancher

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 06:04:24 AM »
Cheryl- would love to have just 1 pecan tree. Yum My aunt in New Mexico ships my mom some.

Beth- Hope you get some relief from the headache.

Linda- Awesome to see you on here. Cant wait to catch up

Offline Cathie

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2014, 07:59:40 AM »
Morning ladies ~

Beth ~ I hope you feel better  :-* :-* :-* headaches are not a cool way to start the morning .  Enjoy those boys  :-* :-*

Cheryl ~ mmmmmmmmmmm pecans - yummy!! I wanna come to your house.

Janice ~ you are always so busy.  I always think I should lay down when I read what you have done in a day.

Today I am meeting a friend for lunch at panera, we get together maybe 2 a year so it's a nice treat.

I am waiting for the laundry wash to finish so I can make my way out of the house to get started with my errands.  I am hoping to run into aldi's and find cheap butter - we will see.

Dinner tonight is beef tips in gravy, bread (of some sort I hope) and some veggie - perhaps it will be frozen at this point   ;)

Offline MoWin

• My Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2014, 08:05:11 AM »
Good morning dear ladies,
   Wow! It got down to 17 last night. Still just 20*. I drug out my heavier socks. LOL Trying to keep the feet warm. I go in at 11 today to put groceries away, so I won't do much more than piddle on the computer and drink my coffee this morning. LOL
  We have a new resident, and he is a runner. Oh my goodness, he beat on the kitchen door Monday night and about scared Barb and Kerry to death, then took out the side door. That sets off an alarm. They had most of the staff out looking for him. Barb spotted him at the foot of a hill. Last night, he took off twice. He has Alzheimers and does not want to be in the OCC, but his wife just can't take care of him any more. She kept finding him outside laying in the drainage ditch. I think they will have to attach one of those ankle bracelets on him. They had to do that to my Aunt E. She could figure out how to remove the ones they attach to the back of their clothes. Evidently he can too!  When I left last night, the staff was all in a frenzy trying to keep a close eye on him while still doing the rest of their jobs. I hope today is better.  ::)
   Well, you all have a great day and stay warm. I had better get something to eat before I get dressed.
Blessings,
Winona
Winona in northwest Missouri
Wife to Kevin
Mom to Carolyn, Cathryn, Isaiah, Hazel, and Jon
Grandma to Ashton, Ava, Noah, Izabella, and Maddison
Furbabies: Aeris, Buddy, and Callie

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2014, 08:48:49 AM »
Good morning!

9:40 here and I'm just having breakfast and coffee...what is wrong with that picture?  I'm the type who wakes up hungry so I usually eat by 7:30 or 8.  It was hard to get up in a cold house this morning.  Heat guys are here right now trying to fix it.  They thing it's the control board which they just replaced two months ago when our a/c quit.  :(  If so, it's under warranty aside from labor so I'm hoping that is the issue.

Also on the agenda for today, now that my hike is cancelled, is taking the van to the Honda dealer.  Our 12 YO van is part of that airbag recall so they will fix that today.  Then I need to head over and pick up my glasses, my first pair of bifocals.  This should be interesting.

Kids have church and youth group tonight.  Earl has class tonight to make up for not having it yesterday with the holiday.  So, I will figure something out for me to eat and maybe prep some things for tomorrow.

Max is having a blast in Florida with Grams and Poppy.  My dad took him to the Slough there last night to walk.  They have paw prints painted every so often on the boardwalk and have little plaques telling about animals that are or used to be there.  After seeing the one for black bears, Max was scared.  So my dad said he didn't mention that panthers ARE still seen there (bears aren't any more).  He and my dad went to Chick Fil A for supper after.  My mom is taking him to the beach today.  Not to swim as it's a little cool, just to wade and pick up shells and play in the sand.

Well, better get moving.  Finishing up my Pumpkin Pie in a Mug (actually a healthy breakfast).  My coffee was cold before I got to it.  Trying to decide whether to heat it up or give up on it.

Have a great day!
Catherine

Offline Rooney

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2014, 12:38:01 PM »
Good morning!

9:40 here and I'm just having breakfast and coffee...what is wrong with that picture?  I'm the type who wakes up hungry so I usually eat by 7:30 or 8.  It was hard to get up in a cold house this morning.  Heat guys are here right now trying to fix it.  They thing it's the control board which they just replaced two months ago when our a/c quit.  :(  If so, it's under warranty aside from labor so I'm hoping that is the issue.

Wonder if we have the same heating unit?  Our control board kept going bad too.  It is working right now, but is tempermental, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.  Hate how expensive the labor was for you. :P

Pumpkin pie in a mug?  Please elaborate.  I love sweets for breakfast. ;D

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2014, 12:50:20 PM »
Labor was $70 but the gas valve was also bad and it was $300.  I am out and on the phone but will find that recipe when I am on the computer.

Offline Linda

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 01:47:43 PM »
Good Afternoon...  had to clean a house this morning, so i am a little late in getting here..
 Started my morning off just right, dropped my brand new phone in the potty.....i just laughed... had kinda at that point knew how  my day would go, but it hasn't been to bad at all.
 Nick starts his first night at Walmart tonight... he doesn't have to be nervous i am nervous enough for both of us.... he is still thinking that next Fall he will go into law enforcement so i told him lets just get through one thing at a time, for my sanity at least.
 We are still trying to get use to these cold temperatures.. i forget from one season to the next how bitter this ole wind can be here.. brrr.
For the rest of the day i will get all the winter clothes put away, got them washed already,have a nice cup of hot chocolate and  make out a grocery list .. Dillons has great sales this week as they did last week also.

Beth-hope you feel better and have fun with those boys.

Janice- Hi... have missed ya.

Cathy- have you thawed out after not having heat?

Winona- hope that poor guy settles down some, i bet he is so scared..... Have a safe and great night.

Cheryl- enjoy hanging out those close... i hung out a towel last night and it froze solid..lol

Cathie- have a good day.

Lindsey- Hi.... hope your day was wonderful

Offline greyhoundgirl

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2014, 01:56:35 PM »
Linda, I just finally got home from the Honda dealership.  Having some hot cranberry wassail and bumped the heat up to 68.  Still have my long johns on, though.  ;)

Lindsay, here's that recipe:  http://weightdownweightloss.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/3-minute-pumpkin-pie-in-a-mug/

Offline Rooney

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2014, 02:05:17 PM »

Lindsay, here's that recipe:  http://weightdownweightloss.wordpress.com/2014/05/27/3-minute-pumpkin-pie-in-a-mug/

Thank you dearie!  Looks so good.  I wonder if it could be made in an eggless version? ??? 

Hi Linda.  So nice to meet you. Welcome! ;D ;D